We are aware that Kayak trailers may be by far the fastest, simplest, and most helpful for transporting a kayak. This involves transport on highways and beat streets to streams, lakes, and the sea. A trailer also serves as immediate storage to help you avoid moving and battling in putting your kayak over your car.
This is what brings us to Malone kayak trailer reviews.
The bigger share of people who invest in canoeing or kayaking, It isn’t so fun or simple stacking your canoe or kayak over your SUV or car. Then you need to unload it without the help of anyone else and worse if you happen to have heavier and bigger kayaks.
Kayaking can be an awesome experience to relax the body and mind. It gives the opportunity for people to appreciate bond and nature with their loved ones.
Over the years, more people are getting interested in kayaking. At times, the while family invests in a kayak of their own and they bring it to their best places.
A single kayak can fit in the truck bed or on the roof. Two kayaks are best if you install a special roof rack. However, if you have multiple kayaks on your next adventure, then you might consider purchasing a kayak trailer.
Large groups use kayak trailers. Outdoor enthusiasts and campers always bring kayak trailers with them. Indeed, the trailers can aid people put up their gears in a particular location.
There are lots of components you will need to consider when you need to ensure you are picking the best kayak trailer for your money and value. In this review, we shall focus on the Malone kayak trailers. Malone kayak Trailers intended to convey pretty much any type of water sports rigging to and from your outdoor destinations.
Malone Kayak Trailers
They are trailers are normally used to convey surfboards, bikes, kayaks SUPS, and so on. Malone Trailers are less demanding to stack and empty than a traditional rooftop rack.
The producer’s claim that what they create is reasonable to buy, simple to install and simple to use. Likewise, their items are worked to better their client’s outdoor enjoyment while limiting their carbon footprint.
In this article, best Malone Kayak Trailers that you can purchase today. Also, we will discuss some things to consider when buying Kayak trailers. With this, you can save your time, energy and money in shopping.
Buyer’s Guide on Kayak Trailer
Before you purchase a kayak trailer you have to think about some few things.
Likely, the most important question will be to ask yourself what number of kayaks you wish putting on the trailer. And regarded of whether you need extra space for different gear or things?
You only need to check the kayak trailer’s weight and its weight limit. When its weight limit is bigger than what it can suit, the odds of breaking will be high.
- Plug-in kayak cart – fixed with a wheel, this kind of trailer is seen as the most lightweight and steady and maybe the most helpful.
- End trailer – when you have a more drawn out kayak, don’t buy an end trailer. But in any case, it is frequently solid.
- Strapped carts – suits a wide range of kayaks. In any case, a free tie can be appalling.
Better, strong wheels are another secret to many years of longevity. Nonetheless, the more extensive wheel will allow developments on rough landscapes. This is nothing like the inflatable wheels that work best on sand surfaces.
Steel is generally the most frequently material. It is in spite of the fact that it can’t be as solid as utilizing aluminium-made trailer. Along these lines, as you want to select an enduring trailer, aluminum is the best.
Foldable kayak trailers are better since they are bigger and in many cases, more stable. However, since some can’t be dismantled and gathered effortlessly implies that they aren’t great. Any kayak trailer that can be dismantled without much effort for organize is justified regardless of your bucks.
The breakdown above shows both costly kayak trailers and the spending ones. When money isn’t a problem, just go over the edge and buy something costly. Bear in mind, less expensive kayak trailers can even now complete an unbelievable activity.
Malone Kayak Trailer Review
About Malone Auto Racks
The Malone Auto Racks company is a private company focused on the creation of rack accessories and other sports equipment. Over the years, they have provided innovative and reliable products for their clients.
The company is situated at Portland, Maine. For more than 17 years, their products have been sold in almost 2,500 retail stores all over the world. Some of its stores are in the Europe, United States, Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.
Their merchandises are simple to use, easy to install, and are affordable. It is produced in the U.S and you can be rest assured that it is high-quality. It looks to better the customer’s outdoor experience while reducing the carbon footprint.
Some of their offerings include kayak trailers, cargo carriers, and water sports carriers. Also, the company also sells bike cart and racks and portage. Plus, they also offer spare parts, storage, and other accessories.
Malone MicroSport Kayak Trailer Reviews
Malone Auto Racks Microsport Trailer Package With Two Kayak And Two Bike Transport
The feeling and experience of using a base rack trailer is compared to none. Talking about kayak trailers, already, cost high money, but the years of issue-free transport arrangement service they provide, I’d say they’re totally worth it.
Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Package is one of the moderate and helpful answers for towing canoes and kayaks while keeping up the kayak’s life span. It is built for kayakers who love biking and can dependably carry two large canoes and kayaks.
The best part is that it is very simple to join to your vehicle and isolate and can likewise fill in as a perfect instrument to store them.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Produced with 2 sets of Malone J-Pro2 J-style kayak seats and bicycle tray system to suit the two bikes and kayaks
- Steel edge that can support up to 350lbs worth of weight and resist erosion with the galvanized wrap up
- Its broadened heavy-duty tongue helps pull boats and kayaks of up to 19-inches instalment and LED lights
- Its 65-inch steel-covered rectangular load bars suits all normally accessible embellishments
- Galvanized wheels with a spare one
- Rectangular street bar about perfect with all frill
- Can be assembled in less than 2 hours
- Boasts of a 5-year guarantee
- Driving up to 60mph will give you no issues
- Can be used to store the kayaks
- Made to last on account of the excited haggles steel outline
- Can transport two 19-inch kayaks or kayaks and save money on gas
- A dependable, reasonable answer for towing bicycles and kayaks
- Adjustable aluminum bicycle plate
- It just backings two kayaks
Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Kayak
This is yet another outdoor tool talked about in this Malone MicroSport kayak trailer reviews.
This kayak trailer is recommended for paddlers who wish to create more kayak space for the whole family. With the use of this trailer, you need not lift your heavy kayaks on your car roof.
It is a smooth combination of design, reliability, quality, and affordability.
Check out the specs and features below:
- It weight limit is 355 pounds. It can transport vessels that are up to 20 feet long. So most canoes and yaks will have the capacity to fit on this one with no issues.
- It is 65 inches wide and the aggregate length is 159 inches, including the 8-foot tongue. And it profits by having 12-inch excited wheels with marine review orientation.
- The 65 inch wide crossbars make it a perfect auto rack embellishment. It likewise accompanies a pre-wired electrical system for lights.
This kayak trailer has enough room for up to 4 kayaks with the use of the J-Pro2. The J-Pro2 carriers are simple to use and very reliable.
The load bars are rectangular and compatible with rack accessories from other brands too.
It has extended heavy-duty tongue. With this, it will allow you to haul boasts that are up to 19 inches in length.
The product includes spare tire, straps, kayak carriers, straps, and safety chains. Its frame is built from marine grade pre-galvanized steel, so it is lightweight and stable.
The frame of this produce measures 78” wide and 164” long. The company offers a 5 year warranty on the product.
Also, the cross rails are steel coated and it measures about 78”. Its hitch measures 2”. The product dimension is 159” x 65” x 48.5”.
The base trailer total weight is around 197 lbs while its load capacity is 350 lbs. Lastly, the product can be assembled in 2-3 hours using the instructions included in the product.
- Perfect for canoes and kayaks
- Quality, moderate and dependable trailer
- Money-worthy and long lasting
- Pre-collected for quick instalment
- Swift gathering time of four hours
- A mix of quality and moderateness
- Designed for recreational boats
- Assembling may take longer time
Malone Auto Racks Microsport Trailer Kayak Transport Package With 4 Malone J-Pro2 Kayak Carriers
Kayak trailers are treated with great deference and respect because they offer a less expensive, more secure and helpful method for pulling kayaks, boats, and canoe. In any case, one of the most serious issues with every one of them is, they aren’t designed for a quick lifting of the kayak the way Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Kayak Transport Package is.
To be honest, Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Kayak is a top-choice trailer both in outline and quality. Straight out of the box, it I made with 4 sets of Malone J-Pro2 J-style kayak seats to hold the kayaks set up. It supports transport up to four kayaks without lifting them into your vehicle’s housetop.
- Highest weight it can bolster is 350lbs
- Made with galvanized wheels for smooth rides even in salty waters
- Marine review pre-galvanized 78-inch wide by 164-inch long steel outline doesn’t rust and will ensure a very long time of usage
- Regular rectangular formed load bars, and in this manner good with all the generally accessible rack extras
- Its substantial obligation tongue enables transport of vessels of up to 19-creeps long
- The pack incorporates pre-fitted mechanical, electrical and center point gatherings and establishment subtle elements
- Assembling takes about 2-3 hours
- Affordable with a 5-year guarantee
- Assembling takes only 2-3 hours
- Perfect mix of quality, moderateness, and plan dependability
- Can dependably convey kayaks, freight boxes, and bicycles
- Galvanized complete means a very long time of transporting your apparatuses
- Can convey up to four kayaks
- Coated steel cross rails that fit customary 2″ hitch beneficiaries
- Helps you spare a colossal piece of fuel costs
- No more cerebral pains of stacking watercraft, baggage, and bicycles
- You can accelerate up to 70 mph without any issues
- Assembling might take up more time than intended and even more to load. Ensure that everything functions well
Malone Microsport 2-Boat Seawing Trailer Package
This is another unit considered in this Malone kayak trailer review.
If there’s any best Malone kayak trailer made with an ideal touch of moderateness, material quality, and plan dependability, at that point it is MicroSport 2-Boat SeaWing Trailer Package. It is worked to pull two kayaks and still save some space for freight boxes and bicycles and can dependably bolster an incredible 350 lbs. Aside this, this premium manufactured kayak trailer permits transporting of any kayak of up to 19-feet.
- Durability – first is the aroused steel outline, the crossbars, and the broadened overwhelming obligation tongue. Nearby that, stirred wheels for secure transport help keep the trailer going.
- Compatible with all the mainstream sorts of kayak trailer transporters – Malone, Thule and Yakima.
- Carriage of two expansive kayaks with additional space for space – not any more strenuous stacking and emptying of kayaks, and thus pleasant paddling with companions.
- Pre-fitted undercarriage segment and galvanize system and accompanies nitty gritty setting up directions for 2-3hrs of get together
- It’s highest weight limit is 350 lbs
- A 5-year guarantee
- Built for canoes and kayaks
- Quality, moderate and dependable trailer
- Long lasting and top quality
- Pre-collected for quick installment
- Transport two expansive kayaks and different frill
- This trailer fits all auto rack frill
- DOT-certified lighting and bearing
- 5-year guarantee
- May need you to purchase different frill including mounting sections and a bicycle rack to work better
And with this, we come to the end of Malone MicroSport Kayak trailer reviews. Let’s check out the Malone MegaSport Kayak Trailer reviews.
Malone MegaSport Kayak Trailer Review
Our Malone kayak trailer review of this unit shows that this item is one of the customer’s most loved choices among the many products of Malone. Take a look at its specification and features:
This product is designed to meet the needs of anglers. It is a premium grade trailer that can be customized.
It can provide wet or dry gear management, overhead cargo storage, and secure tackle transport.
The product is built with marine grade galvanized steel frame. It has a galvanized crank assist jack stand with a wheel. It has 2 inches class two hitch with jack stand and a lift handle.
Plus, it measures 7 feet and 2 inches wide x 14 feet and 6 inches long. The base trailer weighs about 325 lbs.
Meanwhile, its load capacity is up to 1,000 lbs. It has an oversize 1 ¼ x 86 inches heavy-duty load bars. It has 2,000 lbs rated axle with heavy-duty leaf spring suspension. Aside this, the empty base trailer weight is 300 lbs.
The company offers a five-year warranty on this product.
Indeed, this is a must-have product for the entire outdoor aficionado so check this out now!
Malone Xtralight Kayak Trailer Reviews
Previously, we checked out Malone microsport kayak trailer reviews while doing Malone kayak trailer review and now, we’re checking out some of the best Xtralight trailer package’s for kayaks.
Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 2 V-Kayak Racks
The Xtralight Trailer Package is one of the best kayak trailers of Malone. It has built-in dedicated kayak racks. With this, at the back of your car, you can carry two kayaks.
One best kayak for trailers of Malone we like is the Xtralight Trailer Package. It has built-in dedicated kayak racks. This unit allows you carry two kayaks on your next travel.
It is majorly designed for fishing and recreational kayaks. The product comes with a manual and trailer kit so the user is guided with the installation.
Like all other Malone kayak trailers, the Xtralight can also be put together in a couple of hours.
Here are its specifications and features:
This product has 2 vertical deep V-shaped kayak holders. It comes with built-in ratchet straps on it. You need to tuck the kayak into the cradle and strap it down.
The cradles are adjustable side to side so you can adjust and make room for the loads you carry. Also, each arm can be adjusted to get away with carrying other loads like a canoe.
The product is no doubt best for dedicated trailer space. It can carry 2 kayaks easily and securely.
Its frame is built with marine grade galvanizes steel. It is simple to assemble with T-box design and leaf spring suspension. Meanwhile, its axle is made of a galvanized heavy-duty axle.
The axle speed wheels sits at 8 inches diameter high. It is factory sealed 5-lug hubs. The load bars measure at 58 inches and are steel coated.
There are also two sets of padded V-racks. The package includes 12-foot load straps and mounting hardware plus composite fenders.
Plus, the kayak trailer comes with a 2-piece of a reinforced extended tongue. It also features a 2 inch Class II hitch coupler with skid plate. With it comes a DOT approved lightning with flat 4 wiring harness.
The kayak trailer has a load capacity of 275 pounds. It can transport kayaks, canoes, and SUPS which measures 14 feet long and 58 inches wide.
Also, the company offers a five-year manufacturer warranty on the product. So, you can be sure that you can have the best deal for your money.
Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 1 Saddle Up Kayak Rack
Second on this Malone Xtralight kayak trailer reviews is this unit.
The process of pulling a trailer is often as possible a simple, smooth procedure to load and transport a kayak . A trailer like Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 1 Saddle Up Kayak Rack makes it more basic and tranquil in light of the fact that it is made for such jobs as this. This explains why it is the primary recreational and kayak angling enthusiasts’ haulage trailer.
- Quality trailer – with a Galvanized steel outline with 58-inch steel stack bars, this best quality trailer can on its own transport up to two substantial kayaks. It even incorporates excited haggles bumpers.
- Made to last – with a marine review galvanized steel, a strengthened double piece broadened tongue, a 2-inch collector with slide plate and covered steel stack bars, this trailer automatically gives you good value for your money.
- Accompanies flexible cargo straps and kayak carriers to safely and dependably transport kayaks of up to 14-inches long. Its cushioned base offers defensive help and padding.
- Perfect for large fishing kayaks
- One of the most reasonable kayak trailers on the planet, profoundly flexible and simple to utilize.
- It capacities as a vehicle rooftop rack, but with more power and will likewise hold payload boxes, bicycles, and different vessels.
- Compatible with all the ordinarily accessible rigging bearers
- Suits any angling cheerful – intended for kayak and recreational angling trips
- Simple to gather and aroused wheels offer smooth rides
- Durable and effortlessly a reasonable, helpful kayak transportation trailer
- Hauls an assortment of vessels and kayaks
- Can effortlessly store your kayaks when not being used
- Comes with a wire bridle and a DOT-affirmed lighting
- Affordable and accompanies a 5-year guarantee
- Limited most extreme boat length of 14-feet isn’t perfect
Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With Stacker Blocks
This is another top rated unit in todays’s Malone kayak trailer review.
This brand large range of kayak trailers has honestly changed the way kayak transport should show up. Depending in the type of kayak you’re moving, the complete distance and your vehicle type, you won’t miss this one.
The most recent one, Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 1 L-Kayak Rack And Stacker Blocks is an advantageous alternative for carrying kayaks of up to 14-inches.
It is the excellent, galvanized steel outline with 58-inch stainless steel-covered load bars for its life span. It’s lighter, an additional feature that helps upgrade its mobility. It accompanies a large group of features.
- Produced in the United States with a 5 year warranty
- It’s padded base offers extra padding and smooth rides
- It is 58-inches wide and 134-inches long and can convey up to 275lbs of 14-inch kayaks, kayaks, and watercrafts
- It is 2-inch, class II collector and transports up to four kayaks
- Its rectangular covered steel crossbars are perfect with Malone kayak, surfboards, pontoons, and different embellishments
- Galvanized steel outline development and lightweight polycarbonate bumpers for solidness
- An arrangement of load lashes for more tightly and more secure pulling
- Safe transport for your vessels, kayaks, and kayaks
- Tough, compact and easy to set up the trailer
- Versatile enough to convey four kayaks and different vessels
- Swift gathering time of three hours as it were
- A blend of quality and moderateness
- Designed for recreational boats
- DOT-certified with lighting and bearing and a 5-year guarantee
- Its 14-inch maximum booth length and 275lb isn’t ideal for pulling longer boats
And with that we come to the end of today’s Malone kayak trailer review. Let’s find out tips on how to choose the best kayak trailers.
Tips On How To Choose Kayak Trailers
It is not enough that you should read only Malone kayak trailer review without knowing tips on how to effectively select the right kayak trailer especially for beginners. Here are a few tips to consider in choosing one:
Determine The Number Of Kayaks To Carry
If you plan to organize a camp for teenagers or kids, then you simply need many kayaks. You also need a 12 kayak if you’re an employer who plans to summer the summer escapade of your employees so they can catch fun an relax.
As such, you can call local companies who offer services to bring your kayaks from one place to another.
But for families, you can invest in kayak trailers like the products recommended above. You can opt to buy trailers that can carry 2, 3, 4, and so on.
Know The Kayak Size
Aside from the total number of kayaks you will carry, you also need to determine the size of your kayak. You can also check for the measurement of your kayak from the site of your provider.
Also, check the site of the trailer and see if it can contain your kayak. It should be one that is not too small neither too large. The kayak must perfectly fit the trailer to make it safe when traveling.
Consider Your Mechanical Knowledge
If you have some background knowledge on assembling the trailer, then you can purchase the uninstalled version. This is cheaper and not bulky in nature. With this, ensure you are prepared to acquire the necessary tool to smoothen the installation process.
However, if you think this might be a bit of a challenge, then you can go for the pre-installed version. The pre-installed kayak trailers are much more expensive. Unlike the uninstalled that cost less.
Measure The Wheel Size Of The Kayak Trailers
Most of the kayak trailers use the same tire size. However, there are larger and wider tires which are used for rougher terrains.
Trailers with smaller tires are used for lightweight kayaks. However, they may encounter issues when used in dirty or off-road situations.
As a result, if you think that the terrain you’ll take is rough, consider purchasing large and wide kayak tires if possible.
Consider The Kayak Trailer Storage
If you want to buy a kayak trailer, think about where you plan to store it when not in use. The Malone Auto Racks have a foldable trailer which allows you to store them in smaller areas of your home.
It is also a god plan to measure the storage space you have. With this, you will be sure that the kayak trailer that you are wanting to purchase will not pass those dimensions.
Check The Materials
Most of the kayak trailers today are built from steel, which is a good material to pick. Steel is strong and is durable for many years. Like the Malone products, they use steels that are galvanized coated. It provides the product additional protection against rust and corrosion.
Indeed, this type of material is great especially for saltwater environments.
Meanwhile, there are also kayak trailers whose racks have protective paddings. This will make your kayak and other vessels safe during transport.
However, it is best if you buy separate padded accessories or racks for products. This is true for products that don’t have built-in paddings or also known as base trailers.
Lastly, these racks can also be used above the car.
Go For Trailers That Are Simple To Move
It is necessary that whichever kayak trailer that you pick should be simple to move. The best kayak trailers are those that can be moved with ease by your hands even when it is loaded with gears and kayaks. Indeed, a frame that is lightweight will be simple to maneuver.
There are trailers with suspension systems. This is important so it can give your kayaks a smooth ride even on bumpy roads. Plus, it can travel over rougher terrain for long period of times.
As such , if you desire to travel off the road to locate the best kayaking zones, it is wise that you have kayak trailers with suspension. This will stop your kayaks and other water vessels to bounce too much.
Know The Tongue Length
The tongue length is the distance between the axle and hitch. It is an important factor that is often neglected in picking a kayak trailer. It determines the length of the kayak you can carry. Plus, it can define how simple it will be to tow.
Remember, the shorter the tongue length is, the lesser the chance there will be to carry longer kayaks. Plus, it can lead to the difficulty to be back up in a straight line.
Meanwhile, the longer the tongue length is, the less likely it will jackknife. Plus, it will be easier to travel straight even when you move backward.
Tandem Kayaks And Multi-Kayaks
If you want to locate a trailer for your tandem kayaks, think about the weight capacity and the vessel size it can carry. There are trailers that can contain tandem kayaks, with some being able to carry even boats with longer lengths.
Tandem kayaks are wider than the usual one paddler kayak. As such, you need to look for products that are designed for wider vessels.
The multi-kayak trailers can move multiple kayaks at the same time. This is recommended for groups of people and for families who love to paddle together.
As such, you need to consider the weight capacity of the trailer, size of the kayak, and the width of the vessel.
There are multi-kayak trailers such as the item listed above. It can carry multiple canoes, kayaks, and other gears. But, they tend to be more costly but it is all worth it in the end as you can see from our Malone kayak trailer review.
Conclusively, our Malone kayak trailer review has shown that there are many choices in the market for the best kayak trailers. For your next unit shopping, you can consider the Malone Kayak Trailers like the products we recommended above.
These products are affordable, durable, and long-lasting. You can always get the best deal out of your money if you purchase any of the Malone Auto Racks products.
Meanwhile, if after reading this Malone kayak trailer reviews, you’re still not convinced on buying Malone kayak trailers, you can check out the tips shared in the selection of the best trailers. These tips can help you skim and scout for other products that will meet your needs.
Remember that, less expensive kayak trailers can at present complete a staggering activity.
Kindly remember where you intend to use it. For instance, the kind of terrain or whether it’s over short or long distances, as this may influence the extent of wheels you will require. Also, consider how frequently you’ll be trailing various yaks to and from the water.
If you were to go padding alone, a trailer that can convey up to 3 vessels may meet your needs in excess of a bigger one and will likewise be more affordable.
We hope that with our honest Malone kayak trailer review, You will have seen that you can likewise utilize the trailers to convey various rigging and things. For instance, boards and bicycles, so that it can be valuable to consider different ways you could utilize yours.