In this article, we’d carry out two RO water filter systems offered by Home Master, and they are the TMAFC Artesian Full Contract and the TMHP HydroPerfection.
Home Master is one of the minority of brands that manufactures its systems in the U.S (Arizona). If that’s something you really care about, ensure you check out both systems carefully, as they hold the keys to getting better and healthier water.
Home Master Reverse Osmosis System Reviews
Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Review
This is a top rated Reverse Osmosis System manufactured by Home Master TMAFC
- Filter Stages:7
- Gallons per Day:50
- NSF Standard:42
- Costs per year:~$85.00
- Warranty:5 Years
The Home Master TMAFC ERP Artesian reviews shows that the system features a 7-stage filtration process, or rather 7 stages of “filtration, purification and enhancement“.
- Stage 1: A 5-micron sediment pre-filter removes larger particles like sediment, rust and dust to protect subsequent filter stages from clogging the system.
- Stage 2: A 5-micron catalytic granular activated carbon (GAC) pre-filter treats odors & taste, chlorine, cloudiness and more persistent disinfectant chemicals including chloramine. The result of this is an improvement in the overall quality of your drinking water. Additionally, this also helps to keep the RO membrane at the heart of the unit from getting damage. So, the membrane needs lesser replacements, which saves you money and time.
- Stage 3: An RO membrane with a pore size of 0.001 micron separates the good from the bad. The membrane reduces levels of fluoride (97.7%), cysts (99.99%), chromium 6 (99.1%), lead (99.3%), nitrates (80.0%) and many other contaminants with potential health effects. The result: Healthy drinking water right from the tap!
- Stage 4/5: A mx of a 5-micron coconut shell post-filter plus a remineralization medium eliminates VOCs + other chemicals while adding magnesium and calcium for better taste and slight alkalinity.
- Stage 6/7: There is another filtration + remineralization point right after the water leaves the storage tank and before it comes out of the faucet.
Talk on remineralization: RO systems produce highly pure water – water that is also demineralized, meaning that all the healthy minerals that it once has are lost. This is why the filtered water is slightly acidic. Adding bits of calcium and other minerals helps to prevent storage tank degradation and makes the water alkaline. This results in even cleaner and better tasting water. But, at this point in time, there seems to be no scientific evidence that says that alkalinized water has any extra health benefits.
To be honest, the remineralization process is also the reason why this system doesn’t provide water with zero or almost zero TDS.
The recommended pressure at which the Home Master TMAFC can function falls between 40 and 100 psi. Lower pressure is likely to lead less effective contaminant removal. Higher pressure might cause leaks and damage the system.
What We Like
For larger households, you’d be happy to know that the unit can provide up to 50 gallons of filtered water a day.
What’s more, we have a modular filter design meaning that whenever you change the membrane/filters, you dispose of the entire housing. This prevents you from the danger of leaks as a result of biofilm or sediment build-up. One less thing to worry about!
At the top of that, we have larger tunings and fittings that lead to faster water flow rates. And for peace of mind, everything is backed by a 5-year limited warranty and the best average customer rating on Amazon we’ve ever seen.
Your knowledge of DIY will determine if you need a plumber to do the installation for you or not. If you don’t like the idea of drilling a hole for the extra RO faucet into your kitchen sink or countertop and another in the drain line, Hire a plumber!
However, if you like to try new things, you’d be happy to know that the system is made for DIY installation with color-coded tubing, detailed installation instructions (incl. videos) and professional live support.
Here is part 1 of a 6-part video series that walks you on how to install the Home Master TMAFC created by Perfect Water Technologies, the company behind Home Master.
- Fully assembled RO module with filters and membrane
- Feed water adapter with shut-off valve (⅜”)
- Teflon tape
- Mounting clips & screws
- Drain saddle
- Chrome faucet + adapter
- Color-coded tubing
- Water storage tank (3.2 gallons, white)
- Tank valve
Because of its push-in fittings and modular design, you can enjoy long lasting and easy to change filters – no wrench needed.
According to Home Master, this is how frequent you will have to change each filtration component:
- Sediment pre-filter: About every 12 months
- Coconut shell/remineralization filter: About every 12 months
- Catalytic GAC pre-filter: About every 12 months
- RO membrane: Every 3 to 5 years
Note: Replacement frequency is highly dependent on your source water quality and water usage.
Replacement costs? Around $85 each year, which is pretty damn good considering that we are talking about modular filters! This clearly makes the RO system cheaper to maintain over the course of its life and helps to compensate the higher initial costs.
Addon 1: Permeate Pump (Home Master TMAFC-ERP)
This optional upgrade is definitely worth considering. The extra permeate pump the Home Master TMAFC ERP artesian gives will boost water production by up to 50% to a total of 75 gallons per day, while bringing down wastewater production by up to 80% and providing you with access to even slightly cleaner water. Less water that goes down the drain is not only better for the environment; it also helps to lower your water bill.
Liking this Home master reverse osmosis system reviews? Continue reading for more.
Addon 2: Permeate Pump + Brushed Nickel Faucet, Fridge Connection Kit, High Water Hardness RO Membrane (TMAFC-ERP-L)
Extremely high levels of water hardness can lead to early membrane failure with Home Master’s regular TMAFC unit. This is where addon 2 comes into play. It boasts of a high hardness RO membrane for water supplies with a very high concentration of hardness minerals of 18 grains per gallon.
Plus, you also get the permeate pump (see addon 1), a nicer looking brushed nickel faucet and a kit to hook up your fridge for pure water and ice right from the dispenser.
What We Don’t Like
Here is what we don’t like:
- The Home Master TMAFC is certified to NSF Standard 42 for the reduction of taste, chlorine, and odors. But, we miss extra certifications for contaminants with health effects etc.
- Some customers argue that the installation is simple and straightforward. Others say that the TMAFC is hard to set up and the instructions are not very good. Our recommendation: Stick to the installation videos.
- Expect a bit of noise coming from the appliance, especially if you use the permeate pump. It’s not really bothering, but we wanted to mention it nevertheless.
We highly recommend the Home Master’s Artesian Full Contact reverse osmosis filter unit because it provides great tasting water, has well priced replacement filters, an excellent customer support and a 5 year warranty. Bear in mind, though, that these benefits don’t come for free. You’ve got to be willing to pay the higher price tag.
Our verdict: 5 out of 5 stars!
Now that we are done with Home Master TMAFC review, let’s check the second one in our Home Master Reverse Osmosis sytem review – the Home Master TMHP Hydroperfection review
Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Reviews
Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Reverse Osmosis System is perfect for Well Water
- NSF Standard:42
- Costs per year:~$135.00
- Warranty:5 Years
- Filter Stages totality:9
- Gallons per Day:75
The Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection is quite similar to its sibling but even better.
Both systems work with the exact same filtration process (click to view), except for:
- Stage 2: The HydroPerfection uses a 5-micron iron/catalytic carbon pre-filter combo rather than the common 5-micron catalytic granular activated carbon (GAC) pre-filter. This makes the system perfectly suited for well water treatment, where dissolved iron, pesticides and herbicides are a common problem. Of course, city water with high levels of chlorine and chloramine is fine, too.
- Additional stage: A UV filter destroys up to 99.9% of germs, bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms. UV light has a number of great benefits over chlorine for water disinfection: (A) it’s more effective at eliminating viruses, (B) it provides instant results and (C) it doesn’t add harmful chemicals to your water.
As earlier stated, the recommended operating pressure range is 40 and 100 psi and, according to Perfect Water Technologies, the catalytic/iron carbon pre-filter needs to be changed once a year.
Total annual replacement costs: $135 – a little more than what you pay for the Home Master TMAFC, but totally worth it.
What We Like
The basic version of the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection includes the same permeate pump we described above. Basically, because of the reduced water waste ability, the pump increases water productivity and helps you to save money in the long run.
Aside this, we have the same pro features we already pointed out reviewing the TMAFC:
- Effective contaminant removal including lead, fluoride and VOCs
- Alkalinized water with healthy minerals for better taste
- 5-year warranty
- Made in USA
- Fast customer feedback
- Has an High water flow
- Modular filter design for fast replacements
Addon: Fridge Connection Kit, Brushed Nickel Faucet, High Water Hardness RO Membrane (Home Master TMHP-L)
Like the TMAFC, the HydroPerfection comes with an additional addon kit including a brushed nickel faucet, a water line to hook up your fridge and an RO membrane designed for high amounts of hardness minerals and hardness.
What We Don’t Like
Here is what we don’t like:
- The system is tested and certified against NSF Standard 42 but lacks extra certifications.
- Some people who bought the system seem to encounter difficulties with the setup. The instructions could do with some improvement.
- The system is bound to make noise while in operation.
We highly recommend the Home Master’s Artesian Full Contact reverse osmosis filter unit because it provides great tasting water, has well priced replacement filters, an excellent customer support and a 5 year warranty: The Rolls-Royce of point-of-use water filters. It’s just not best for people on a budget.
However, if Money is not an issue? Then this system is it! Our verdict: 5 out of 5 stars!
Looking for More Product Reviews?
And with that we come to the end of this Home Master Reverse osmosis system reviews on Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact, the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection. Still haven’t found what you are looking for? We are convinced you will find your best reverse osmosis system on this page! If you have any questions about these systems or any other filter system really, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below!