Over time, NorCross has manufactured various fishing gear and fishing accessories but the NorCross HawkEye H22PX Sonar System fishfinder totally stands out from the rest.
The Nocross Hawkeye H22PX is a portable fish finder so you need not worry about attaching it to your boat or kayak to get it running and this Hawkeye handheld sonar h22px is small enough for you to carry with you wherever you decide to fish. There are many other little features that makes this the perfect handheld depth finder device in the market and here’s a list of them for you put into consideration.
Features of the HawkEye H22PX Sonar System
First, the Hawkeye digital sonar h22px is powered by 4 AA batteries, making it one of the most reasonable priced portable depth sounders you’ll ever find in the market. What really makes it stand out is that it can get instant depth readings that can range from 2.5 feet all the way to 200 feet. With a tap of a button you can also get temperature readings (in both Fahrenheit and Celsius readings).
- The Hawkeye H22PX has the shoot-thru technology, meaning you can use it to get readings even through boat hulls and thick ice. With it at hand, You need not worry about other obstructions in the water either because the device can retrieve readings right through them.
- It is purposed to read temperatures as accurate as 1/10th of a degree Celsius (or Fahrenheit). One amazing thing is that it is not just for reading water temperature; you can also read air temperature with it. If you are a serious angler then you know how vital it is to determine where the warm and cold waters are since fish do relocate according to temperature changes
- It is built for sturdiness and durability. Unlike other depth sounders that break apart easily when they hit against objects or when submerged too deep or too long in the water, this device can last throughout your entire fishing or diving career, seriously.
- It’s totally a depth sounder. You can use it as a fish finder but there are moments when I was getting fish in certain areas where the device didn’t pick them up. SO this handheld depth finder feature is nice but not as dead accurate as is depth sounder features.
- More of a personal gripe, the depth-reading button and the temperature reading button are the same. You’ll need to push the button to switch from one reading to the other. It’s works fine most of the time except when you’ve already submerged the sensor into the water for far too long, and the reading become blurry.
The Norcross Hawkeye H22PX Sonar System is a powerful mobile sonar depth sounder. It is mainly built as a depth finder and in that aspect, there is nothing to complain about.
The readings are precise and the extra functionality of getting temperature readings is a cool and smart bonus. The Hawkeye H22PX sonar system would have been a little better if the fish finder feature was more accurate but then that’s what the Hawkeye F33P Fish Finder is for (also from Norcross). I can’t imagine ever going fishing (especially kayaking where depth is of utter importance) or diving without this little device by my side.
We hope you loved this review of the Hawkeye digital sonar h22px. Kindly share with family and friends if you did. The manual can be read here