You can fish from anywhere, yes without having to use a Fish Finder but why suffer yourself when you can get a Fish finder to quicken the process and bag you lots of fishes? This is where NorCross HawkEye F33P Portable Fish Finder comes in play.
Today’s Hawkeye F33P review is focused on the features and real life user-experience of customers
This NorCross is one of the bet all portables I have ever seen at a price you WILL NOT believe.
Perfect for family vacations and fishing expeditions, the Norcross Hawkeye F33P portable fish finder offers the latest in the portable fish finder market and is guaranteed to help you come up with better fish stories than ever before.
Hawkeye F33P Fish Finder Review
HawkEye F33P Features
- Norcross Hawkeye f33p fish finder Built with an ultra-wide, 45-degree sonar beam angle, this system offer you accurate depth, fish and bottom structure readings from 1.5 to 99.9 feet. Operational down to zero degrees Fahrenheit, this unit includes a trollable, floatable and mountable sonar sensor with 35 feet of cable and cable tie-strap. Amazing!
- The HawkEye is extremely easy to use; just turn the power on, throw the sonar sensor from the shoreline, boat, or bridge and in no time flat, you’ll receive instant fish, depth, weed, and contour readings.
- With its “SideScan” adapter, the HawkEye F33P can also be attached to a broomstick handle to scan under ice, weeds, lily pads, or docks. To maximize your chances at comfortability, this system comes with mounting tabs for hull mounting of your portable fish finder to kayaks, canoes, and on boats.
- The Norcross Hawkeye f33p fishfinder offers reliable readings by using algorithmic programming. This cuts down the number of false readings, while the unit’s depth scale, fish identifier, and two-stage audible fish alarm ensure that you’ll always know exactly what kind of fish you’re closing in on.
- Designed to handle all sorts of weather conditions, the antenna is powered by four “AAA” batteries for 20 hours of continuous use, the backlit display prevents eye strain, and a special LCD protector eliminates condensation in the display. A great feature all by itself.
- This portable fishfinder boasts of a palm-sized design that fits with ease into your tackle box, pocket, or gear box, making this an extremely versatile unit you’ll rely on over and over again.
Sonar does it all
- 1.5 Feet Min
- 99.9 Feet Max
- Display Type…Virtu-View™ Liquid Crystal Icon
- LCD Backlighting Green LED Soft-Glow™
- Display Size: 1.5W x 1.8H
- A Depth Readout
- B Bottom Contour Indicator
- C WeedID® Weed Indicator
- D Fish Alarm On/Off
- E Battery Save On/Off
- F Battery Strength Indicator
- G Sensitivity Setting
- H Backlight On/Off
- I Fish Depth Indicator
- J Fish Location Indicator
A single tap to access settings
Watts, Frequency, Power, and Cables
- To make storage easy, the sensor comes with 35 feet of cable along with a strap
- Comes with 4 “AAA” batteries
- An excellent feature for preserving battery power is the fish finder has an automatic “power-off” feature to prevent battery drain if you accidentally leave the unit on.
- 30 hours of non-stop usage
- Once the depth display reads “—” non-stop for 5 minutes, the display will shut off automatically
Alerts and Alarms
- Gives off an audible sound when a school of fish is detected. It will NOT give off an audible alarm sound when only one fish is detected.
- Best to leave the alarm on if you are using a crankbait so that you do not have to steadily watch for fish on the screen.
- As soon as you hear the alarm, gently toss your bait at least 20 feet beyond the sonar sensor, allow the bait to drop to the depth of the fish alarm, and retrieve as recommended for the targeted species
Because it is portable, you can simply turn the power on, toss the sonar sensor from the boat, shoreline, or bridge, and in no time, you’ll receive an immediate depth, weed, fish and contour readings. I and my friend are loving this cool feature.
1.5″H x 2.8″W x 4.3″D
- No long thing when it comes to setting and turning it up
- The display shuts off automatically when the depth display reads “—” continuously for 5 minutes.
- The Hawkeye fish finder has an automatic “power-off” feature to prevent battery drain if you accidentally leave the unit on. Now this is a feature I really need as I always forget to turn things off.
- Does not drain batteries without mercy
- The depth finder is very accurate, but not as accurate as an average fish finder mounted permanently to a boat.
- The screen is very simple to see outdoors in direct sunlight use you can take it anywhere
- Has a small Screen
- The Hawkeye F33P fish finder manual shows that the cord is also way too long for how some fisherman uses it but is nice if you fish from shore and throw it out to where you’re casting to.
In the Box
- Features a storage bag
- Norcross HawkEye F33P
- Sonar Sensor (Transducer) with Integrated Harness and Strap
- Sonar Sensor Transom/Side-Scan Adapter
- Sonar Sensor Float with Rubber Stopper
Love the fact that you don’t need a boat to use the Hawkeye F33P portable fish finder. We hope this Hawkeye F33P review will help you decide. Do come again and we love you!