No feeling beats the one you get when you spend time with mother nature doing some hard exercise in. Hiking is one of the highly practised activities that people all across the glove partake in. Challenging yourself to accomplish mountains and hills that once looked impossible can really pump the adrenaline in and take your energy bars to a whole new terrain.
However, to completely enjoy the experience, it is needed that you arm yourself with the most safest and comfortable equipment possible. One of the most important essential items all hikers should invest money into is a long-lasting pair of hiking boots. There are lots of options that it can be overwhelming at time, but this article hopes to narrow you focus down to some of the best hiking boots of all time.
Best Hiking Boots of All Time
Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX
The first noticeable feature about this hiking boot is its incredible lightweight they are. It is so vital to not feel like anything is holding your back in your outdoor adventures and having lightweight shoes is one way to ensure that is possible,
The hiking boot has the feeling and look of a running boot, but provides the solid protection and ankle support required to make it an ideal hiking shoe.
The shoes is solid with waterproof protection, a strong ground grip, and a stable chasis. Hikers should be aware that because of how lightweight they are, the underfoot protection can be compromised at times. It is advised that you wear a couple of socks to ensure protection from start to finish. No matter, the Salomon X Ultra is one of the most likely recommended hiking boots for lightweight backpackers and day hikers.
Features, Pros & Cons
- It comes with a 2 year warranty
- The Advanced types of rubber are carefully placed on the sole, resulting in a more intense grip. A special patterned area on heel grabs terrain more aggressively, providing you more control when you’re moving along at a healthy clip.
- It comes with protective heel cap and eva shaped footbed sockliner
- A time-tested last refined over the years results in an optimal fit. Its designed to work synergistically with reinforced top arm of the Sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially when you’re headed downhill.
Merrell Moab 2 Mid WP
This is yet another boot on the lighter side, the Moab 2 is the perfect hiking shoe for day hikers who stick to maintained trails. Perhaps, this is the most confortable boots available on the market right now. The Merrell Moab has strong underfoot conditioning with a waterproof outside that has the outside support that hikers require. The shoes also have extra cushioning under the feet.
The inside comes with an arch on the higher side and a strong upper portion of the shoes that hikers will really appreciate. This is a well-built hiking boot, but has the potential to break down a little quicker than some of the higher-end models.
It is one of the more affordable boots on the list, which is great for beginning hikers or hikers who may not be as risky as those looking for near-death adventures. A great looking boot that gets the job done is what you can expect from the Merrell Moab.
- Has a protective rubber toes cap
- Performance mesh upper and suede leather
- M Select DRY seals out water and lets moisture escape so you stay dry when youre on the move
- Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out. Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability, 5mm lug depth
- Protective rubber toe cap, Breathable mesh lining
- Vibram TC5+ sole, 5mm lug depth
- Merrell M Select FIT.ECO+ blended EVA contoured footbed with added zonal arch and heel support
In case, you missed our guide on the best hiking sandals for women, here are the best women’s sandals for water and hiking
This is a rugged, midweight boot that supports some of the most difficult terrains that you may want to explore. It’s no wonder it made our list of best hiking boots of all time. The outsole of the boot rally grips well, no matter the conditions, along with a flexible platform that really add to the overall comfortability of the boot. The durable construction will be very noticeable the moment you put the boots on your feet.
Because of how stiff the boot can feel at times, hikers that are not as focused on te extra protection may want to remember this. The boot is great for those hikers who want to take their time up a tough mountain as opposed to fast hikers that tend to stick to well-maintained trails. However, you cannot go wrong with this waterproof boot that is built to last even the hardest terrains in the world.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty’
- It’s capable of providing protection for technical trail running.
- The 4th generation of our legendary Speedcross lug pattern is an even hungrier monster for eating up soft, technical trails
- Feel one with the trail with a precise combination of Sensifit with Quicklace, performance last shape and endoFit
This is yet another midweight hiking boot. The Lowa Renegade is comfortable, light, and made to support most backpackers. The Renegade offers strong isolation from the ground with a sturdy feel to it. This is the kind of boot that climbers who carry heavier backpacks would want to consider because of the strong underfoot protection that hikers get.
The leather at the top of the boot is pretty thin, which helps to prevent hikers from feeling like the boot is weighing them down. Because the boots were made to feel lightweight, hikers who head out on consistent adventures may require to buy new boots each year. It is one of the sacrifices that you make with a lighter feeling, rugged boot. However, they will provide you with exactly what you want in those long hikes.
- Complete-length nylon shank
- Vubram Evo outside
- Mixed-media hiking boot featuring speed lacing hardware and padded tongue and collar
- Polyurethane Monowrap frame at midsole
- Climate-control footbed
Vasque Talus Trek
This is another top best hiking boots of all time to consider. This sharp-looking hiking boot is built to track any attack be it rocky or wet. The boots are solid quality and will comfortable on your feet.
With strong, upper leather, the Vasque Talus Trek boots are perfect for muddy hikes as well as travel through the snow. Great foot protection with a rigid toe cap and heel piece round out more reasons why people should buy this boot.
This is a midweight hiking boot can feel a bit more weightier than some of the other boots discussed here, but this is to be expected for snowy and muddy hiking boots. The toe box is a bit tight, so if you have wider feet or prefer just more room, you may want to consider another boot. However, if undoubtedly, if you are searching for a snug, warm fit, search no further than the Talus.
- Molded polyurethane midsole
- Two-density EVA foam footbed
- UltraDry waterproofing system
- Mid-cut hiker featuring thick waterproof nubuck leather with ghillie lacing and breathable mesh underlays
- Vibram traction outsole
Asolo Falcon GV
This is one of the most comfortable hiking boots on this list and is the last on our best hiking boots of all time review. The Asolo Falcon is a stylish hiking boot that is a light-midweight boot. This is the kind of hiking boot that seems to be trending into the future.
It is not not as supportive and heavy as the normal hiking but is technically sound. The boot is well built and hikers won’t have to break the boot in as they will feel a high comfort level right from the beginning.
The boot is not as high-cut as some may like it, but when securely in place, the Asolo can carry a heavy backpacking load without causing the hiker to stumble at all. Hikers that are searching for a comfortable hiking boot that can handle al that is thrown at them, the Falcon is the boot for them. It is the perfect hiking boot for the casual hiker in the family.
- The meaning of V, GV and GTX in the Asolo style names: V stands for a Vibram outsole, GV stands for Gore-Tex lining with a Vibram outsole, and GTX is for a GORE-TEX® lining.
- The Asolo® Falcon GV hiking boot allows you enjoy a smooth ride on any terrain.
- Comes with the Radiant sole, purposely designed for trekking enthusiasts.
- Mid-cut design offers superior ankle protection.
- Hardy, 1.6-1.8mm, water-resistant suede leather upper offers exceptional durability. High tenacity nylon panels are abrasion resistant and help maintain a breathable environment. GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort Footwear technology offers waterproof protection that makes sure your feet stay comfortably and dry cool. This non-insulated safeguard is best suited for moderate to warm climates. Plush tongue and collar is featured for extra performance and comfort . Heel pull loop for easier on and off. TPU toe cap offers a
This is the our trusted and honest best hiking boots of all time review we advise. We hope you try them; you are bound to love them for sure. *winks*